Almased diet: what is it and how does it work?
On the Almased diet, the main meals are replaced by an Almased shake. According to Almased, this should enable fast and healthy weight loss. The Almased drinks are mainly composed of soy protein, yogurt, and honey. The customer can choose between two programs: the faster version consists of two phases. In the start-up phase, all three main meals are replaced by an Almased drink. This is followed by the reduction phase, in which there are one normal meal and two shakes. Also, the diet should be complemented with plenty of water and vegetable broth. With this version, the last-minute weight loss for the bikini season should be possible. Alternatively, the Almased customer can also choose the long-term option. The first two phases are then followed by the stability phase, which provides two meals and a shake, and the life phase, in which the shakes from Almased are integrated into a balanced diet.
What is allowed and not allowed in the Almased diet?
|Almased Shakes||Eating outside of the scheduled shake and phase 1-2 meals|
|The phase 1-2 meals|
Who is the Almased diet suitable for?
- For very overweight people, the shakes and the simple principle of Almased can be a good starting place.
- People who want to lose weight very quickly and are not afraid of a possible yo-yo effect can benefit from it.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Almased diet
|The shakes as a meal replacement save time.||Weight loss occurs at an unhealthy pace, which can lead to a yo-yo effect.|
|The principle is simple and does not require a complex diet change.||The diet requires a high degree of discipline since at times no solid food is ingested.|
|Fast results can be achieved.||Severe hunger and nutrient deficiencies are likely.|
|This diet does not promote a permanent, healthy, or sustainable diet change.|
Almased diet in detail
How individual is the Almased diet?
- The amount or portion sizes of the shakes and the number of meals are always the same and are not adapted individually to the person or their physical needs.
- The diet is compatible with a vegetarian diet.
How flexible is the Almased diet?
- The shakes are to be drunk as a fixed meal and, especially at the start of the diet, are practically the only food intake allowed. So this means eating out or getting a snack in between is completely out of the question. However, the shakes are easy to pack, can be taken anywhere, and requires no elaborate preparation.
How suitable is the Almased diet for everyday use?
- The Almased diet saves time because there is no need to cook.
- However, feelings of hunger and lack of nutrients can lead to poor concentration, headaches, mood swings, and other nutrient deficiency symptoms.
How scientific is the Almased diet?
- The principle behind the Almased shakes is to kick start the metabolism and to optimally supply the body with all important nutrients.
- Too much sugar or fat often means that the metabolism is blocked and weight loss stagnates. Almased is supposed to remedy this. The shakes are protein-rich and have a low glycemic index—which lowers the insulin level and promotes fat burning.
- By adding lean milk and unsaturated fatty acids in the form of oils, the shake is also enriched with other important nutrients so that there is less risk of nutrient deficiencies.
- Every meal is initially replaced by a shake. Thus, calorie intake is usually halved. This is a drastic calorie deficit, which does not really promote the regeneration of the metabolism—in fact, such a calorie deficit could harm/slow the metabolism long-term.
How sustainable is the Almased diet and what are the risks?
- The body usually perceives the radical diet change with Almased as an “attack”.
- As soon as the diet is ended, the body tries to recover the weight that was radically lost i.e. the yo-yo effect occurs.
- Particularly in the first phases, there may be serious nutrient deficiency symptoms due to the abrupt changeover and the diet being unbalanced.
- Also, the high protein content of the shakes strains the kidneys in the long term.
- The lack of fiber in the shakes can lead to indigestion.
Summary and evaluation
To summarize: The Almased diet can definitely be used to achieve weight loss results. However, the diet is very unbalanced and lacks variety. The calorie intake is usually greatly reduced, which can result in hunger attacks and nutrient deficiency symptoms—and lead to the yo-yo effect later. This type of diet is suitable for rapid weight loss. However, it requires a high level of discipline and nutrient deficiencies can occur over a longer period of time. People should be careful after completing the diet because the likelihood of weight gain is relatively high.
|Suitability for everyday use & implementability|
Almased Diet vs. Upfit
|Criterion||The ALmased Diet||Upfit|
|The amount or portion sizes of the shakes and the number of meals are always the same and not adapted individually to the person or their physical needs.||Adapted to your goal, taking into account allergies and intolerances and eating habits. Optional adjustments to your personal diet, such as vegetarian, vegan, pescetarian, flexitarian or paleo. Features such as "meal swapping" and "favorite meals" individualize the plan.|
|The shakes are given as a fixed meal and especially at the start of the diet, are practically the only food intake. So this means eating out or grabbing a snack in between meals is completely out of the question. However, the shakes are easy to pack, can be taken anywhere, and requires no elaborate preparation.||Your meals are predetermined. The meal swapping feature and information provided in advance enable adaptation to personal everyday life. The meals can be skipped when you eat out or visit restaurants.|
|Suitability for everyday use|
|The Almased diet saves time because there is no need to cook. However, feelings of hunger and lack of nutrients can lead to poor concentration, headaches, mood swings, and other nutrient deficiency symptoms.||Suitable for everyday use, thanks to short cooking times and consideration of your food budget. For busy people and professionals, no cooking at lunchtime is necessary: choose your cooking schedule and/or use the time-saving meal prep option to prepare meals ahead.|
|The principle behind the Almased shakes is to get the metabolism going again and to optimally supply the body with all important nutrients. Every meal is initially replaced by a shake. Thus, calorie intake is usually halved. This is a drastic calorie deficit, which does not really promote the regeneration of the metabolism.||Scientifically-based meals and snacks in the right portion size for your personal nutrient and vitamin needs, based on a low-carbohydrate nutritional principle developed in cooperation with sports experts and nutritionists.|
|The body usually perceives the radical change of diet with Almased as an “attack”. As soon as the diet is ended, the body tries to recover the weight that was radically lost i.e. the yo-yo effect occurs. The lack of fiber in the shakes can lead to indigestion.||Scientifically-based meals and snacks in the right portion size to meet your personal nutritional and vitamin needs lead to healthy, long-term weight loss. The diet can also be carried out for an indefinite period of time.|
|Gesamt||The Almased Diet||Upfit|
Lose weight with Upfit: Rich, varied nutrition—your individual nutrition plan
To lose weight permanently, nutrition is the key to success. A weight-loss diet plan that leads you to your desired weight in the long term should suit you perfectly and take into account your preferences and possible allergies. Upfit allows you to adapt your eating plan to your individual needs and helps you healthily lose weight.