Nutrition plan for weight loss
Get to your ideal weight healthily and sustainably with Upfit
Do you have those moments when you’re shopping, when you stand nervously in front of the shelf because you’ve already forgotten whether saturated or unsaturated fatty acids are better? Are you tired of picking out recipes every day only to discover that they contain something you don’t like? Or are you sick of starving yourself slim only to regain the weight and start the game all over again in a few months?
The solution? Lose weight with an Upfit nutrition plan (for women and men).
- “This diet works – I’ve done it 10 times…”
- Motivation and consequences of weight changes
- Example day from the weight loss plan
- Lose weight quickly
- Weight loss Tips & Tricks
- Weight loss success killers
- Carbohydrates, proteins and fats (macronutrients)
- Foods for weight loss
- Weight loss Do’s and Don’ts
- The yo-yo effect when losing weight
- Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
- Customer Feedback for Upfit
1. "This diet works - I've done it 10 times ..."
Each of us knows about countless diets and diet products – from friends, from advertising, and from the internet. Unfortunately, many of these diets are unscientific, ineffective, and unhealthy. What you will not find is a diet plan that works without a calorie deficit.
A calorie deficit means eating fewer calories — energy — than the body needs (By the way: you can see how many calories you need daily to lose weight healthily with our Calorie Calculator). Does this mean you should starve yourself to get skinny? No. You can lose weight without starving yourself. And although we recommend a healthy exercise program, you can actually lose weight without exercise.
2. Motivation & Benefits of Weight Loss
You feel stuck and want to change your life? Weight loss is first and foremost a life quality improvement. Ever heard of someone who lost weight and then thought life was better when they were overweight? If you’re not satisfied with how you feel or what you see on the bathroom scale, then weight loss may be the game-changer you’ve looking to improve your health and happiness. You are only a small step away from making a change. Check out our BMI Calculator to determine your optimal weight.
How our Nutrition Plan for Weight Loss makes weight loss easier:
- Weekly Shopping List – with everything you need for your Meals
- Fast & Tasty Recipes for Nutritious Meals
- Comprehensive Nutrition Coaching via Live Chat, Email & Phone
- Flexibility: Choose the foods you love, leave out the ones you don’t. Pause your Plan anytime.
- Tips for designing your life around your goal.
3. Example day from your Nutrition Plan for Weight Loss
Make it easy. The Nutrition Plan for Weight Loss is not only easy, it’s also delicious, inspiring, & above all healthy.
The personalized Nutrition Plan for Weight Loss helps you take your first step, and then every step along the way to reaching your goal. From weekly Shopping Lists to exact guidelines on when, and how to prepare the delicious and nutritious Meals, to tips for shaping your life around the weight loss goals. Find everything you need to lose weight – with pleasure – here.
By the way: Did you know, over 90% of the Upfit recipes can be prepared in under 20 minutes?
4. Sample Meals from Your Nutrition Plan
4. Fast Weight Loss
When it comes to healthy weight loss, most people lose patience quickly. Often, we hear sentences like “I’ve been doing this for a week and nothing has happened!”. People who think they aren’t seeing results quickly enough often let their discipline go down the drain.
4.1. Fast Weight Loss - Is it even possible?
Let’s put the whole thing in perspective: How did you get overweight in the first place? Probably not overnight. Often, weight gain happens gradually over time, as the result of poor diet and lifestyle choices.
Your body isn’t a Transformer that can change its shape instantaneously. Change takes time. Many people put their faith in quick-fix fad diets instead of making long-term changes to their eating and exercise habits. That being said, if you consistently follow the Upfit Nutrition Plan for Weight Loss for just one month, you will lose weight. And if you are disciplined from day one, and stick 100% to the guidelines, you will lose weight much faster.
4.2. Factors That Influence Weight Loss
How much weight you lose, and how quickly you lose it, depends on several different factors. The heavier you are when you start dieting, the faster you’ll lose weight. And if you’re ready to cheat and follow an intensive Workout Plan, you’ll lose weight even faster. However, how long you have been overweight can play a role. The longer you’ve been carrying extra weight, the more time you should allow for your body to lose it.
4.3. "Can I lose ... kg per week?" – This is what science says.
Crash diets are rarely successful and even less sustainable. Your body perceives a crash diet as an attack on your health and quickly adjusts your metabolism to get back the lost weight. Upfit diets work differently. With the Upfit Nutrition Plan for Weight Loss, you can realistically lose about 1 kilogram per week. Don’t get discouraged if you lose less than 1 kilogram per week. Even with smaller loses, after 3 months, you will have lost a lot of weight. You also lose the weight healthily, without ever feeling hungry – this is very motivating as you continue on your way to success.
Don’t have time to cook? No problem. Your Upfit Nutrition Plan not only adapts to your diet preferences, such as vegan and paleo, but also adjusts to your schedule and lifestyle. So how about the Weight Loss Plan with just 15 minutes of cooking per day? Excuses were yesterday, your future starts today.
5. Tips & Tricks for Weight Loss
If you have the time and motivation to begin working on your weight loss goals then these tips and tricks will help. With these tricks, nothing stands in your way to reaching your goal weight.
- Avoid unhealthily snacking: Unhealthy snacking, particularly on sugary snacks and drinks, leaves you unsatisfied and leads to more cravings and extra calories. If you get cravings between meals, try snacking on veggies sticks or fruit.
- Keep your eye on the prize: post motivating notes and photos around your home and office. This way, when you’re tempted to snack you’re reminded of your goal and encouraged on your way to success.
- Shopping behavior: Limit your grocery purchases to what’s on your Upfit Shopping List. That way, you avoid the unhealthy shelves in the supermarket and won’t grab additional snacks. And stay away from the snack table in the office and the cafeteria. Out of sight out of mind.
- When you snack, do it right: Our brain is programmed to favor high-calorie foods, particularly sweet and fatty foods such as chocolate bars, pies, cakes, ect. In times of chronic food shortages, it was an advantage to get so much energy into our bodies at once. Today, however, it’s like a curse, as these foods are always available and our brains have not yet developed a defense mechanism against the addictive effects. Snacking is not taboo. However, you should burn more calories every day than you eat, because only then will you lose weight.
- Additional fat burning with exercise: Exercise helps you burn more energy. But you should not reward yourself with the wrong treats otherwise the positive effects of exercise evaporate. If you’d like to succeed, be consistent and don’t sabotage your success by eating the wrong snacks.
By the way: with Upfit it’s no problem if you like to snack. State your snacking preferences in our questionnaire and you’ll get healthy snacks in your Nutrition Plan that fit perfectly with you, your body, and lifestyle.
6. Weight Loss Success Killer
We’ve already described in detail the benefits of losing weight with a Nutrition Plan. Losing weight is very easy with Upfit – we create your Nutrition Plan according to your body data, as well as your lifestyle(e.g. snacking preferences, favorite cooking times). If you follow your Upfit Nutrition Plan for Weight Loss consistently, nothing will stand in your way to shedding those pesky pounds and reaching your desired weight.
Many little things can help you develop discipline with your Nutrition Plan and make losing weight even easier. Below are the most common calorie-trap foods, as well as healthy, lower-calorie alternatives.
|Calorie trap||Healthy alternatives|
Pork Belly, Bratwurst, Goose, Duck
Turkey, Chicken, Duck (without skin), Veal
Bacon, Salami, Lyoner, Mortadella, Liver Sausage
Cooked/Smoked Ham, Smoked Salmon, Turkey Breast
Fish sticks, Herring, Mackerel
Steamed/Smoked fish, Cod, haddock
|Wheat noodles||Zucchini Spaghetti, Pumpkin noodles (preparation)|
|French fries||Roasted Potatoes, Foil Potatoes|
|Common Panade (Wheat Base)||Sesame Panade|
|Croissant, White Pastry, White Toast||Whole Grain Pastries, Spelt Pastries, Whole Grain Toast|
|Full-Fat Salad Dressing, Light sauce, Mayonnaise||Oil, Vinegar, Mustard, Soy, Salt, Pepper and Water (or just Balsamic and a little Oil)|
|Lemonade, Fruit Juice||Water and Berries, Lemon Water, Tea|
|Coffee with milk and sugar||Coffee black (without milk and sugar)|
|Peanut Butter||Cashew Butter, Almond Butter|
|Chocolate||Fruits, Chocolate (100% Cocoa)|
|Chips||Veggies, veggie sticks|
|Ice Cream||Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet|
|Dairy products (full fat)||Dairy products (low fat)|
|Crème Fraiche (40% fat)||Sour cream (10% fat)|
|Mascarpone (47.5% fat)||Cream Cheese (2.9% fat)|
|Margarine, Sour Cream||Butter, Cream cheese, Herb Cream Cheese, Tomato Paste|
|White Sugar/Cane Sugar||birch sugar (xylitol)|
|Beer, spirits, wines||don’t drink any alcohol/small amount of dry red wine|
6.1. Good Organization
When losing weight, it is helpful to have an orderly daily routine. As already mentioned, stress and, above all, time pressure can affect your willpower and motivation.
Organize well. A simple trick: Plan your daily routine by writing a list on paper or in your cell phone.
6.2. Sleep Well and Deeply
Sleep is a highly underrated factor for healthy weight loss. Sleeping at least seven hours improves your willpower, blood sugar, and energy level greatly.
Get to bed earlier and you will feel the improvement to your mood and health – really good sleep, by the way, means you fall asleep within five minutes and don’t wake up until the next morning.
If you have trouble falling asleep, try actively relaxing, taking magnesium, and switching off all your screens (computer, cell phone, television) one hour before sleeping. These are three simple, proven ways to fall asleep faster.
6.3. Exercise & Weight Loss – What to Consider
As already described, it is also possible with the Upfit Plan to lose weight without working out. However, if you do work out, you will lose weight faster.
Workout experience can be helpful. If you already work out regularly then you know the effort it requires, and the good feeling and endorphins that follow. It will be easier for you to work out and thus burn extra calories and speed up your healthy weight loss. For all others: suffer the pain of discipline – or suffer the pain of regret.
With exercise, your primary concern is to burn calories: Try trading extended low-intensity exercise (like long-distance runs or power walking) for short intense workouts. Interval runs, Tabata, HIIT training, and strength training burn more calories and fat – in less time – than low-intensity exercise.
“Afterburn” is caused by the calorie deficit generated during intense exercise, when fat cells are mobilized and fed to the energy cycle. Afterburn is an effect that extended low-intensity exercise cannot provide. The long-lasting stress of low-intensity exercise can even make you gain weight by sending signals to your body to create reserves.
If you’d like to lose weight faster, then work out intensively 2-3 times a week for about half an hour. This gives you the ideal support for your Upfit Nutrition Plan for Weight Loss.
7. Carbohydrates, Proteins, and Fats (Macronutrients)
You’ve read it in other weight loss guides and articles: Sugar is poison for losing weight. Sugar has a bad effect on your insulin management and blood sugar, causes hunger attacks, and becomes fat in the body.
7.1. Fat in The Diet vs. Reducing Body Fat
Yes, you are reading this correctly: Sugar is more likely to be stored as fat in your body than fat itself. The classic table sugar (sucrose) is a double sugar, consisting of one-part glucose and one-part fructose. Sugar has many names, but important to understand here is: sugar is a carbohydrate. And although long-chain carbohydrates (like potato starch) are far less bad for your metabolism than short-chain carbohydrates (like sugar), in general, it makes sense to reduce all carbohydrates in your diet for healthy weight loss.
7.2. Everything About "Healthy Fats"
Many diets are based on unscientific, unhealthy strategies that are not very successful. For example, reducing fats doesn’t make much sense for losing weight, because your body needs fat to make hormones and neurotransmitters, transport vitamins, and also keep your body burning fat! The important thing is to eat healthy fats. Fried fats, called trans fats, belong to the unhealthy variety and should be avoided. Hardened fats (which are common in processed foods) are bad for your body. Among other things, they promote fat deposits in organs and blood vessels.
The best healthy fats come from cold-pressed oils, nuts, avocados, and eggs. Wait, eggs? Aren’t eggs bad for my cholesterol level? No, because your body regulates its cholesterol internally. The cholesterol contained in eggs does not affect cholesterol levels. But eggs contain tons of good proteins, vitamins, minerals, and fats – they are a nutritional powerhouse! What you should omit from your diet is foods like bacon. Bacon contains trans fats, which raise your LDL cholesterol – not a good idea! Good fats, on the other hand, ensure a stable blood sugar level and prevent, among other things, food cravings.
Overall, protein has the biggest positive effect on weight without hunger. If you have a high protein content in the diet, you’ll be less hungry, have fewer food cravings, and maintain your muscle mass while shedding pounds. Also, according to studies, it is much easier to maintain a diet Plan for Weight Loss in the long-run if you eat fewer carbohydrates and more protein.
8. Weight Loss Foods
These little helpers can accelerate weight loss simply and effectively. You don’t have to rely on any unnatural weight loss supplements: because Mother Nature has already given weight-loss-promoting powers to these whole foods.
Here is our Top 10 list:
- Cinnamon / increases insulin sensitivity, increases metabolism / 1 or ½ tsp per day
- Cayenne pepper, chilli / thermogenic, increases metabolism (up to 15%!) / depending on the taste of the meal
- Nuts / high saturation, regulate blood sugar / about 100 g per day
- Ginger / thermogenic, increases metabolism / depending on the taste in tea or food
- Caffeine, coffee / increased metabolism, stimulates fat burning / double espresso after eating or before training
- Water / stimulates metabolism, increases satiety, transports nutrients / 3-4 liters per day, with a slice of lemon or lime
- Green Tea & Green Tea Extract / Increases Metabolism, Increases Fat Burning / Drinks about 500mg at meal times or throughout the day
- Chia seeds / digestive, increase satiety, regulate blood sugar levels / about 2 tablespoons a day
- Eggs / increase satiety, regulate blood sugar / 1-4 eggs for breakfast
- Coconut oil / energy supplier, stimulates metabolism / up to 4 teaspoons a day for cooking, in coffee
9. Weight Loss Do's and Don'ts
Successful weight loss is not a mystery, it’s simple math with a few clear rules. The previous texts have given you a good overview of what to look out for if you want to lose weight healthily. Here are the most important influencing factors summarized as Do’s & Don’ts:
9.2. Summary - Weight loss Don'ts
- Avoid eating sugar. Substitute sugary foods for naturally sweet foods. Find detailed information in our sugar guide!
- Avoid alcohol. Alcohol leads to organ fat in your abdomen and slows down your metabolism. You can do without it.
- Manage Stress. Stress leaves you undisciplined – avoid it.
- No Snacking. Many studies show that small, frequent, snacks can quickly add up to hundreds of extra calories and sabotage any diet plan. Eat only what is in your Nutrition Plan.
- Don’t let others tempt you. People who want to persuade you to deviate from your diet may not understand what it’s about. Explain it to them! Surround yourself with people who understand and support you. This makes losing weight a lot easier.
Having a hard time following the “Weight Loss Do’s and Don’ts” or creating your own weight loss plan? Make it easier on yourself: weight loss has never been easier with an individual Upfit Nutrition Plan. Just click on “Create Nutrition Plan” and start now.
10. Weight loss & the yo-yo effect
You finally made it. You reached your desired weight, and suddenly a new opponent appears on the horizon: the yo-yo! Unfortunately, many people lose weight and gain it right back. Why is that exactly?
The yo-yo effect is a common consequence of crash diets. It is especially likely to happen after a radical starvation diet. As described above, your body perceives rapid weight loss as a threat and adjusts its metabolic and activity levels to regain the weight.
Or you finally reach your goal weight and indulge in a victorious winner’s meal, then a victory celebration with a few drinks, then take a one week break from strenuous exercise, because you deserve it… the list goes on. The sad truth is that after dieting, many of us return to the bad eating habits and ways of life that got us overweight in the first place.
At the same time, your weight reduction reduces your energy consumption and reduces your metabolism for a while. This means that the effects of bad eating habits will double. However, you can avoid the yo-yo effect altogether if you maintain your discipline, routine, and follow your Nutrition Plan after reaching your goal weight.
7. Customer Feedback for Upfit
Great plans, great service, perfect advice! Thank you! can only recommend further.
I lost 20 kg in 12 weeks. Plans are easy and inexpensive to buy …
In 8 weeks I was able to lose 5kg and not once did I have the feeling that I was on a diet.
Individual, practical, and inexpensive. Especially considering how much is included in your Plan.
11. Frequently Asked Questions
There is not the correct amount of macronutrients. How much you should eat depends on your calorie needs and your goal. While theoretically, you can completely do without carbohydrates (ketogenic diet), you do need healthy fats and proteins to maintain normal body functions. The minimum values are about 0.5g per kilogram of body weight each per day. However, with both proteins and fats, not only the amount but also the variety is critical – so that you get enough essential amino and fatty acids. Our Nutrient Calculator can help you calculate your individual nutritional needs.
Theoretically, this number is limited only by the time factor (7 days). In 7 days, you can lose a maximum of a little more than 2kg. Part of the weight loss at the beginning is just water, which is then restored in the long term. The sustainability of weight loss depends mainly on whether you adapt your follow-up diet to the changed conditions after you successfully reach your goal weight. Less weight means your body needs fewer calories. Returning to old patterns of behavior means gaining the weight back. However, even a large weight reduction can be sustained long term with the necessary mindfulness.
The yo-yo effect is caused by returning to old behavioral and nutritional patterns after successful weight loss. To prevent it make sure that you do not get into a calorie surplus -especially in the time right after a successful diet. Weight reduction also reduces energy requirements. Calculating your calorie requirement at the end of a diet makes sense.
The influence of alcohol in one word: negative. Alcohol has about 7 calories per gram and therefore more calories than carbohydrates or proteins. Each drink brings extra calories to your body, which causes hunger instead of satisfaction. In addition, your body recognizes alcohol as a poison and burns it completely, neglecting other energy systems during this time. In short, alcohol inhibits fat burning. The best drinks to lose weight are and remain: water(a lot of it), unsweetened tea, and coffee(in moderation). Our Coaching Article explains the effect of alcohol on our bodies.
Developed with graduates from the prestigious German Sport University Cologne, Upfit regularly incorporates the latest nutritional research for a 100% scientific basis. Our Plans are always created individually for your body, personal preferences, and goal. In addition to supporting you on the way to your goal, our nutrition experts are available to help and advise you at any time. Slim Shopping Lists and short cooking times, with a full range of recipes, are our claims, so that healthy food and fun can be integrated into your everyday life. Create your Nutrition Plan for Weight Loss in just a few minutes and put your Plan into action!